Our highly experienced Arizona Asset Protection team, led by attorney Ike Devji, has been privileged to serve some of the most successful residents of our state in the area of Asset Protection planning for 18 years. In many cases, clients seeking help protecting their success are referred by their own legal counsel or financial advisors who want one of the most experienced Asset Protection teams in the southwest to handle this crucial planning.
What is Asset Protection?
Perhaps first and foremost, it is proactive planning meant to preserve and nurture your ongoing success. It is most effective and legally predictable when done under “blue skies” when things are going well, and you have no specific known claims or exposures. In most cases, clients that have put off planning for long periods of time, both because of their busy schedules and concerns about the time, effort and costs involved are pleasantly surprised at how simple we've made the consultation process and how clearly we explained the costs and benefits of doing so.
Acting late, after you have a crisis always costs more, is ineffective, easily defeated and often both civilly and criminally actionable. We are ethically and legally prohibited from doing so on your behalf.
At its best, Asset Protection for Arizona clients is a system that combines risk management, sophisticated liability insurance and proven legal planning that all work together to help you avoid exposures where possible and provide peace of mind when the unexpected happens. Please note that we are attorneys and do not sell any financial or insurance products, but we do recommend specifics clients should explore with experts as part of any competently drafted wealth preservation plan.
- Provide a cost-effective, safe and predictable system for you to hold and pass on your existing wealth
- Identify and eliminate or control as many risks as possible
- Create structures within which you can continue to safely accumulate additional assets and from which those assets can be re-invested
- Help ensure that your assets actually survive your lifetime without significant loss and are in the control of your estate plan at your passing
Who We Protect:
Arizona Wealth Law serves Asset Protection clients across the state, in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tucson, Flagstaff, Sedona and beyond. Our clients include some of Arizona's most successful and dynamic business leaders in many fields, including, but certainly not limited to:
- Entrepreneurs and Family Business Owners
- Real Estate business professionals including Developers, Builders, Contractors and Investors
- Highly Compensated Professionals and Executives
- Physicians in every possible specialty as well a wide range of related medical business owners such as residential care facilities, recovery centers, surgical centers and labs
- Holders of sudden wealth including inheritors, professional athletes, etc.
Some Common Tools:
Any recommendation of specific legal tools or strategies without knowing your subjective facts and needs is inappropriate, but we do have some well-established asset protection and estate preservation tools at our disposal that we deliver where fact-appropriate at a high level of skill. These tools range from basic foundational structures like an LLC you may need to protect your rental home to some of the most sophisticated and well thought out international (offshore) trust structures imaginable including:
- Domestic LLCs
- Foreign LLCs
- Limited Partnerships
- IRA Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Children's Trusts
- Domestic Irrevocable Trusts of Multiple Varieties
- International or “Offshore Trusts”